From time to time I like to get out on the High Street to hunt out new homeware and interior finds. And as someone who is quite thrifty, I sometimes set myself challenges to find great items for a fraction of the cost of their designer equivalents.
So, for the purposes of a new post, I set myself the challenge of finding seven great finds for under £7….
- In the picture You can never have enough pictures of family and friends, fond memories and happy holidays – it's what makes a house a home. So these ornate picture frames from NEXT will help showcase your favourite photos. Available for £6, the frames are suitable for photos of 3×2″and 3×3″. You can choose to hang them next to each other vertically or horizontally or make them part of a larger cluster
2. Light the way This stag candle from The Range is such a snip at just £2.99 that you can probably afford to buy a few and use them as a quirky display. And wildlife is bang on trend right now, making them an buy propecia south africa ideal winter buy to bring a cosy glow to the chilly evenings.
3. Hung out to dry Jars are always handy – and here's a simple but effective one for your laundry/utility room, designed to house wooden pegs. They're from TKMaxx and cost £4.99. If you're feeling brave, this is a project that isn't that difficult to copy at home, following a visit to Hobbycraft to pick up some supplies. They make great presents too.
4. A ‘reely' good time How lovely are these ribbon reels from Laura Ashley? At first glance, they look like pin cushions, but on closer inspection, the large reel offers three separate ribbons. Originally £10, they're on sale at 50% off making them a bargain at £5.
5. NEXT in line These embossed colourful glass jars from NEXT come in grey and red and would make a nice addition to any sideboard or kitchen shelf. They are made of 100% recycled glass and cost £4 each.
6. Milk no sugar please These dainty lilac and pink cup and saucers, featuring a butterfly pattern, look lovely as part of country-look display. They can be picked up from Laura Ashley and are currently on offer for £7 (originally £15).
7. Bowled over These super cute mini bowls from TKMaxx are reminiscent of the old style mixing bowls that you might have found in your grandparents' kitchen cupboards. Sometimes just a small bowl for mixing (and saving on the washing liquid) is all you need. They look great stacked up and, at just £1.99 a pop you could buy a few to use as alternative breakfast bowls.