Welcome to Home and Horizon!
I’m Lauretta, a travel journalist by day and a blogger (and vlogger) by night – sometimes even until the wee hours.
I’m mum to two tweens – Nadja (9) and Luis (11) and the wife of an overworked secondary school teacher, who I refer to as VIP – because he is.
I have two passions in life (apart from my family of course) – interiors and travel, hence the name Home and Horizon!
I love all things interiors, but especially High Street bargains that follow decor trends. As a family, we also enjoy upcycling and crafting projects, which is something that I vlog about when I can.
In terms of travel, working in the industry I get hear firsthand about…
- Amazing offers & promotions
- New attractions & developments
- Industry trends
- Insider tips, tricks & advice
- The latest product launches….
Work with me
I’m open to collaborations so please feel free to get in touch by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
5 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I’m half-Turkish (half-English). My middle name is ‘Canan’ meaning ‘Sweetheart’.
2. My son was born with bilateral talipes (Clubfoot). We were told he would always walk with a limp, have gait development issues and have to undergo ongoing extensive surgery. We challenged the NHS when it came to his treatment – and won. He now runs, jumps, skips and hops like any other child. No pain and no operations.
3. My magazine collection is very important to me – I’m mildly obsessed with interior magazines and have a secret stash in my bedroom. Except now it’s not a secret.
4. I suffer terribly from migraines and my triggers are plenty: atmospheric changes, irregular eating, hormonal effects and smells.
5. My weakness is sweets. I’m like a big kid and can’t seem to stay away from the pic ‘n’ mix section when I go shopping (High fives to Wilkos & Tesco for having great pic ‘n’ mix!) Other things I’m partial to include cake, Yorkshire Tea, stationery, household gadgets, candles and technology.
A final note… All views on Home & Horizon are my own. I aim to report on news and developments as accurately as I can and I’m always honest in my reviews, whether or not they are sponsored. I also make no representations as to accuracy, completeness or validity of any information that I publish, and neither does the company that employs me. To put it bluntly, I’m not to blame for any errors, losses, injuries or damages arising from the words I choose to use on this site. Accept it, deal with it and move on. *smiles sweetly*