A Christmas Blogger Gift Swap – sounds intriguing right? It’s got the words ‘blogger’ and ‘gift’ in the title so already it sounds good…
So, what is it exactly? Well, I heard of the Christmas Blogger Gift Swap via Viola’s A Piece of Viola blog site.
Turns out Viola runs this annual event to get bloggers interacting with each other during the festive season and to do a gift swap.
It also gives bloggers the chance to get to know others and discover a variety of other amazing blogs, which is one of my main reasonx for taking part (as well as the fact that I get a surprise gift in the run-up to Christmas of course!)
How does it work?
Well, you’re paired with a fellow blogger at the beginning of November where you’ll have a period of time to get to know them before you have to send them some lovely Christmas gifts.
Can I take part?
Yes! All bloggers, regardless of where you live in the UK, how big or small your blog is and what ‘type’ of blog you have, you’re invited to join in and get involved!
Is it expensive?
You don’t have to spend a massive amount of money if you don’t want to. Heck, you could even send homemade gifts (they are said to come from the heart) and are just as good! You and your partner can both decide a budget if you want to, but ultimately it’s your choice.
How do I get involved?
There are 3 simple, easy steps:
Fill out the Google form here and wait for a confirmation email from Viola.
Write a blog post about this event within five days of receiving confirmation so that we can get as many bloggers involved as possible!
Once paired up, get to know your fellow blogger, buy their gifts and send them off!
Dates and rules:
Here are the following dates for this swap:
- November 1st: Deadline for completing the submission form.
- November 6th (or earlier!): Find out your blogger pair, yay!
- By December 17th: Send off gifts to your blogger pair
- In order to take part, you must:
- Fill in the Google form document – here’s the link again.
- Write a blog post about this event within five days of receiving confirmation.
- Send a couple of nice gifts to your paired blogger by December 17th.
- Write a post about your gifts (must include photos) after you have received them.
- Send me links to all of your blog posts so I can see how the event has gone!
Oh, and you can also use the hashtag #apovgiftswap on Twitter or Instagram to connect. Who knows – if you join, you might just get me as your partner!